A cover letter is essential and must be submitted with the manuscript (approximately one-page cover). Include following in the cover letter:
- Specifies to which Journal the manuscript is being submitted
- State in the letter that:
- You wish to submit the manuscript for the consideration for publication in OA Text journals;
- The manuscript is being submitted by corresponding author on behalf od all authors;
- It presents the original work of the authors;
- Identical or similar work has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere;
- All the authors made significant contribution to the study; and
- All the authors have read and approved the final version of the manuscript.
- Briefly summarizes why your paper is a worthy contribution to the scientific literature;
- If the manuscript is presented at a meeting or conference, specify the complete name of the meeting, the city where it was held, and the exact date on which the paper was presented.
- Relates your submission to previously published work;
- Specifies the type of article you are submitting (see Article Types & Format);
- The name of the corresponding author with contact address, contact phone number, email and fax number (if available) must be clearly listed.
- The covering letter should be signed by the corresponding author on behalf of all authors.
Please do not include requests to waive publication fees in your cover letter. If your submission is accepted for publication, you will have the opportunity to request a waiver then.